Website Cookie Policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we’ll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website.
See our cookie policy for more information.

Practice Areas

More Information

Leeds: 0113 244 6100

Sheffield: 0114 267 5588


Send us an enquiry

Expert legal and financial advice for the seriously injured

Wrigleys specialise in looking after the finances and day-to-day needs of people who have been injured.

Wrigleys are not litigators and so are able to bring an independent perspective. This is unusual for many lawyers who are involved in this area.

Trustees and Deputyships

We are the deputy or trustee of choice for a number of high profile litigation firms and barristers, and their clients.

Clients have different reasons for needing our involvement. For example:

  • Some clients may lack the 'capacity' to deal with their own affairs and for those people we can act as 'Court appointed deputy' to ensure that their needs are met and that the management of their finances works in harmony with other important aspects of their lives.
  • Some clients are reliant on means tested funding of one sort or another and Wrigleys can advise about appropriate types of trust and act as trustee.
  • Some clients are children who need trustees to manage their finances and the wider aspects of their affairs until they reach the age of 18. In the vast majority of cases, clients ask us to carry on assisting them after the age of 18 as many parents are concerned about what will happen when an 18 year old has a potentially large amount of compensation under their control. We find that by having a trust in place and involving the young person as part of that process, they are much more likely to embrace the trust, see the benefits it brings and keep the structure in place at the age of 18.

More details available here

Property Advice

Looking after the affairs of an injured person goes beyond acting as their trustee or deputy. Very often the property that a person lives in will not be suitable and so a new property must be bought and adapted, or even built specifically for the individual's needs. Wrigleys can assist with all aspects of land and buildings advice.

More details are available here

Care Fee Disputes

People who are involved in difficult litigation where funds are short or who may not receive the full amount of their damages will often be dependent on NHS or Local Authority funded care to meet some or all of their care needs. It is important that anything which is done in the course of litigation does not prejudice the final outcome. We specialise in navigating these tricky waters and achieving the best outcome for our client.

Trust and Deputyship Administration

We have a specialist Trust and Deputyship Administration Team acting as the centre of the hub. We pride ourselves on providing a seamless service to our injured clients.

More details are available here

‘Undoubtedly Wrigleys has great strength in depth in its Court of Protection offering. The lawyers have huge experience and have a great feel for this area. Jane Netting has great experience and is very approachable. Kate Edwards is thoughtful and eager to solve problems‘

Legal 500 (2021)

Lynne Bradey View Biography

Lynne Bradey

Direct Line: 0114 267 5584


Lisa Eato View Biography

Lisa Eato

Direct Line: 0114 267 5598

Legal Director

Jane Netting View Biography

Jane Netting

Direct Line: 0114 267 5621


Austin Thornton View Biography

Austin Thornton

Direct Line: 0114 267 5588


Meet the team

18 Jan 2021

What are the Charity Commission filing obligations for my charity? Part 2: The Annual Report

A closer look at your charity’s obligation to prepare and file an annual report.

15 Jan 2021

Refusing to work because of fears about Covid-19 - section 44 of the Employment Rights Act

Employers need to be aware of this increasingly important provision.

15 Jan 2021

Wrigleys joins the Brain Injury Group as a member of their Court of Protection panel

We are delighted to announce that Wrigleys is now a member of the Brain Injury Group’s Court of Protection panel.