Specialist property services for people adapting their homes.
Wrigleys Court of Protection team includes specialist property solicitors experienced in the legal elements of adapting or purchasing houses and property to meet clients' physical needs.
The team advises private individuals, their families, fellow professionals, trustees, attorneys and deputies on the following areas:
- Building work and adaptions for the disabled
- Court of Protection and Trust Property Procedures
- Personal Injury Trust Property Procedures
- Equity release
Elements to consider are:
- Assessing the availability of local authority grants
- Checking if planning and building regulations fees can be waived by the local authority (usually the case if the alterations make life easier for a disabled person)
- Ensuring elements of the work are zero rated for the purposes of VAT
- Reviewing eligibility for government schemes (such as schemes designed to subsidise energy efficiency improvements)
- Arranging a feasibility report for building works
- Co-ordinating planning and building regulations applications
- Assessing tenders for building works
- Reviewing building contracts in terms of the price, specification of works, time scale for completion and phased payments
- Securing insurance bonds to cover the cost of the buildings works if the building contractor becomes insolvent before completing the works
- Obtaining final certificates and guarantees.