Wrigleys Solicitors' specialist advice for independent schools
Wrigleys is one of the few specialist firms of solicitors that concentrates on the legal affairs of charities, including independent schools and other educational organisations.
Solicitors experienced in working with independent schools
Our clients include preparatory and senior schools for whom we apply our experience of the independent schools sector in areas including:
- Land & buildings (including tenancies for staff accommodation);
- Financing (including bond issues, trading, fund raising, gifts, legacies);
- Charity law and governance; and
- Employment law, HR and pensions law.
Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) and other pensions matters
Our pensions team at Wrigleys can assist you with:
- Advice in respect of TPS, including general employee/member queries such as ill health retirement
- Advice on participation in TPS and the criteria and process for exiting the TPS (and what scheme to replace it with)
- Advice on other public sector schemes your school may be participating in, including the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Advice on exiting the LGPS and managing any exit debts
- General pensions queries including in respect of auto-enrolment and TUPE/restructuring
Please see the menu opposite or click the appropriate link for further information on:
- Wrigleys HR Response - our employment law and HR Response Service tailored to schools and charities; and
- Finance and Funding for Independent Schools.
‘Over the years, they have demonstrated a thorough understanding of issues discussed and developed a key understanding of establishment dynamics. They are also very approachable, friendly and overall would rate their support as outstanding.’
Legal 500 (2024)
'Wrigleys engage with complex and sophisticated cases and provide excellent support backed up with detailed plans of action.'
Chambers and Partners (2024)