Specialist advice for managing your trust
Managing trusts is a significant commitment for you and your future generations.
The management of trusts and family wealth can frequently be complex and, almost always, time consuming. Whether a trust has been in place for generations or is a new trust, it will require detailed records to be maintained and coordination with solicitors, accountants and other advisers.
Through a combination of our trust managers, lawyers, tax advisers and administrative systems, Wrigleys can help you with the legal, accounting and compliance obligations that you need to manage your trust assets.
Click here to find out what to expect when Wrigleys are your Professional Trustee.
Click here to read a case study about Wrigleys as a Professional Trustee, this is Gemma's story.
Trust Management Services
In addition to advising on and setting up trusts, Wrigleys also manage trusts on your behalf on an ongoing basis which may include:
Annual Trust Services
- Registration of trust with HMRC
- Preparation and submission of trust tax returns
- Arranging payment of tax liabilities or arranging repayments of income tax
- Preparation of annual trust accounts
- Liaising with investment advisers to ensure investment performance policy is agreed and met
- Providing beneficiaries with information for their personal tax returns
Adding Value To Your Trust
- Working with advisers to achieve a balance between requirements of the trustees and expectations of the beneficiaries
- Arranging income and capital distributions in a tax efficient way to beneficiaries and dealing with the necessary trust and tax compliance
- Involvement with one off transactions such as sale or purchase of assets to ensure a straightforward process for the trustees and that tax issues are dealt with
- Arranging and attendance at trustees' meetings
- Dealing with inheritance tax calculations and compliance required for trusts
- Reviewing cashflow to maintain the required levels
- Dealing with International reporting requirements on behalf of trustees such as FATCA and CRS
- Managing HMRC enquiries
- Assessing the most tax efficient way of terminating your trust
- Arranging appropriate termination documentation
- Dealing with final tax compliance paperwork
- Providing beneficiaries and their advisers with relevant information for their tax affairs
For further information, please feel free to contact us
'Andrew has superior technical ability, knowledge and experience and, in my opinion, his key strength is how he presents high-level, complex tax advice to clients'.
Chambers and Partners HNW Guide (2021)
‘The team at Wrigleys are experts in their field. At all levels they are highly capable with a breadth of knowledge and experience as well as the technical expertise required to provide an excellent service to their private client base'.
Legal 500 (2022)