Specialist advice for managing your trust
Managing trusts is a significant commitment for you and your future generations.
The management of trusts and family wealth can frequently be complex and, almost always, time consuming. Whether a trust has been in place for generations or is a new trust, it will require detailed records to be maintained and coordination with solicitors, accountants and other advisers.
Through a combination of our trust managers, lawyers, tax advisers and administrative systems, Wrigleys can help you with the legal, accounting and compliance obligations that you need to manage your trust assets.
Trust Management Services
In addition to advising on and setting up trusts, Wrigleys also manage trusts on your behalf on an ongoing basis which may include:
Annual Trust Services
- Registration of trust with HMRC
- Preparation and submission of trust tax returns
- Arranging payment of tax liabilities or arranging repayments of income tax
- Preparation of annual trust accounts
- Liaising with investment advisers to ensure investment performance policy is agreed and met
- Providing beneficiaries with information for their personal tax returns
Adding Value To Your Trust
- Working with advisers to achieve a balance between requirements of the trustees and expectations of the benficiaries
- Arranging income and capital distributions in a tax efficient way to beneficiaries and dealing with the necessary trust and tax compliance
- Involvement with one off transactions such as sale or purchase of assets to ensure a straightforward process for the trustees and that tax issues are dealt with
- Arranging and attendance at trustees' meetings
- Dealing with inheritance tax calculations and compliance required for trusts
- Reviewing cashflow to maintain the required levels
- Dealing with International reporting requirements on behalf of trustees such as FATCA and CRS
- Managing HMRC enquiries
- Assessing the most tax efficient way of terminating your trust
- Arranging appropriate termination documentation
- Dealing with final tax compliance paperwork
- Providing beneficiaries and their advisers with relevant information for their tax affairs
You may find the following article helpful:
For further information, please feel free to contact us
We are proud to be ranked by Legal 500 as the leading firm in Yorkshire and the Humber for agriculture and estates and personal tax, trusts and probate, and by Chambers as one of only two top-tier private client firms in Leeds.
"Prompt, courteous and an excellent understanding of the issues – both legal and otherwise – which needed to be considered."
- Chambers & Partners
"They are a substantially superior team, both in numbers and expertise, to other firms in the area specialising in tax, trusts and estate planning."
- Chambers & Partners