Specialist advice for managing your trust
Managing trusts is a significant commitment for you and your future generations.
The management of trusts and family wealth can frequently be complex and, almost always, time consuming. Whether a trust has been in place for generations or is a new trust, it will require detailed records to be maintained and coordination with solicitors, accountants and other advisers.
Through a combination of our trust managers, lawyers, tax advisers and administrative systems, Wrigleys can help you with the legal, accounting and compliance obligations that you need to manage your trust assets.
Click here to find out what to expect when Wrigleys are your Professional Trustee.
Click here to read a case study about Wrigleys as a Professional Trustee, this is Gemma's story.
Trust Management Services
In addition to advising on and setting up trusts, Wrigleys also manage trusts on your behalf on an ongoing basis which may include:
Annual Trust Services
- Registration of trust with HMRC
- Preparation and submission of trust tax returns
- Arranging payment of tax liabilities or arranging repayments of income tax
- Preparation of annual trust accounts
- Liaising with investment advisers to ensure investment performance policy is agreed and met
- Providing beneficiaries with information for their personal tax returns
Adding Value To Your Trust
- Working with advisers to achieve a balance between requirements of the trustees and expectations of the benficiaries
- Arranging income and capital distributions in a tax efficient way to beneficiaries and dealing with the necessary trust and tax compliance
- Involvement with one off transactions such as sale or purchase of assets to ensure a straightforward process for the trustees and that tax issues are dealt with
- Arranging and attendance at trustees' meetings
- Dealing with inheritance tax calculations and compliance required for trusts
- Reviewing cashflow to maintain the required levels
- Dealing with International reporting requirements on behalf of trustees such as FATCA and CRS
- Managing HMRC enquiries
- Assessing the most tax efficient way of terminating your trust
- Arranging appropriate termination documentation
- Dealing with final tax compliance paperwork
- Providing beneficiaries and their advisers with relevant information for their tax affairs
You may find the following article helpful:
For further information, please feel free to contact us
"it has a very specialist non-contentious team who are absolutely excellent."
"I think they are one of the best in the area. They have fantastic clients and just have a broad team,"
Chambers and Partners 2020
Andrew Wriglesworth has a fine reputation for his private client work and is considered to be a "fantastic lawyer."
"He's extremely intellectually strong and very good on the tax side."
Chambers and Partners 2020