We generally take only two or three trainee solicitors each year, and look for candidates who have a genuine interest in our firm and in at least one of our specialisms, as it is always our aim to retain our trainees on qualification.
We are now accepting applications for training contracts (periods of recognised training) to start in September 2021.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
- Please apply by CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received by 31 March will be considered for our Vacation Scheme, which we will run in our Leeds office in May/June. We will select candidates for this based on their applications, and on short informal interviews held in person or over the phone.
- The closing date for all training contract applications is 31 July 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Applications received after 31 March will be considered for a training contract interview, but will not be eligible for the Vacation Scheme.
- Candidates will be selected and invited for training contract interviews in August. We expect that some, but not all, of the candidates we interview will have been on our Vacation Scheme.
- Offers will be made shortly after the interviews have taken place.
We would be happy to answer any queries you may have about the process - again email email@example.com.
The minimum qualifications are a degree, not necessarily in law, backed up with good results at A level or equivalent. A 1st class or 2:1 degree is preferred, though applicants with a 2:2 will be considered for interview if the rest of their application is sufficiently strong.
It is important that our trainees are a 'fit' for the firm. We therefore particularly favour applications that demonstrate enthusiasm for our firm and for at least one of our specialist areas of work. We appreciate that it can be difficult for candidates to gain experience in one of our fields prior to applying, but we do look for some evidence of an interest in our specialisms. It would be helpful if your covering letter could explain why you think you would be the 'fit' that we look for.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment.
Your Training Contract
We offer seats in three or four of the following distinct areas:
- trusts, probate and tax planning,
- charities (including employment and commercial issues for charities and not for profit organisations), and
- Court of Protection.
Wrigleys undertakes no litigation as such, but training and experience in contentious matters (as is required by the SRA Practice Skills Standards) is available through secondment to another firm, usually three months in duration.
Trainees at Wrigleys are given early responsibility and make an important contribution to our teams. We offer competitive trainee and NQ salaries, and we have excellent retention rates on qualification.
A number of the firm's previous trainees are now recognised as experts in their areas of work