Rising costs of employment for independent schools
What are the key factors leading to the increased cost of employing school staff?
- The 2.3 percentage point increase in employer contributions into the Teachers' Pension Scheme from September 2015
- Auto-enrolment pension obligations
- Increase in the statutory minimum wage for those aged 25 and over (the National Living Wage) from April 2016
- Many employers opting into the voluntary Living Wage
- Increases in employer NI contributions due to the introduction of the single tier state pension and the abolition of contracting out from April 2016
- The apprenticeship levy (payable when payroll exceeds £3m) from April 2017
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this article further, please contact Alacoque Marvin on 0113 244 6100.
The information in this article is necessarily of a general nature. Specific advice should be sought for specific situations. If you have any queries or need any legal advice please feel free to contact Wrigleys Solicitors