Website Cookie Policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we’ll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website.
See our cookie policy for more information.

Practice Areas

More Information

Leeds: 0113 244 6100

Sheffield: 0114 267 5588


Send us an enquiry

What to do with an absent parent?

03 June 2014

In the recent case of AB, the Court of Protection considered the often very difficult question of notifying an absent parent about a Statutory Will

In this case, the natural father, who stood to benefit under the intestacy rules, had been violent to AB’s mother and there had been no contact for a number of years, despite the mother’s agreement to supervised contact.  The Court considered the Mental Capacity Act and Human Rights Act position and on balance decided that the father and his children should be notified of the application but in a restricted way.

Members of Solicitors for the Elderly can read my full discussion of this case in the June column of the SFE newsletter



Lynne Bradey View Biography

Lynne Bradey


09 Apr 2024

Charities Act 2022: new provisions introduced

What do the latest provisions mean for your charity?

09 Apr 2024

Cohousing Series: Navigating the Planning System

This article is the latest in our cohousing series following our team member as she develops her own cohousing scheme.

09 Apr 2024

CLH accreditation

Laura Moss achieves accreditation as a community-led housing advisor.