Telephone: 0113 204 1145
Areas of practice:
Laura advises on a wide range of third sector matters and works with charities, social enterprises, housing entities, local authorities and community groups.
Areas of specialism include:
• Charity law and governance: establishing new charities, merging existing ones and advising on charitable investment, constitutional changes, trustee duties and vires issues.
• Community benefit societies (formerly known as industrial and provident societies): registrations, constitutional amendments, mergers, transfers of engagements and conversions to/from companies.
• Social housing: cohousing, housing associations and regulation by the Homes & Communities Agency.
Laura has written the following articles:
- Charity Law Association
- Laura is a Dementia Friend
- Laura is a Director of the UK Cohousing Network