Telephone: 0113 204 5721
- Charities & Social Economy
Areas of practice:
Elizabeth deals with all aspects of property work, specialising in commercial and charity property.
Particular specialisms include:
Charity Property – Elizabeth heads the charity property team and advises charities, social enterprises and other voluntary, community and faith organisations, in particular:
- Faith – Elizabeth has a particular interest in ecclesiastical law and advises various church bodies in several Anglican dioceses, including a diocesan board of finance, diocesan board of education and parochial church councils. She also advises religious orders, independent churches and other faith based charities.
- Community-led housing – Elizabeth advises on the property aspects of community led housing where she acts for co-housing groups, community land trusts and cooperatives, together with other community-led projects from museums to town halls.
- Education – Elizabeth advises schools on the property aspects of conversion and on-going advice related to Academy status.
Railway Property – Elizabeth leads a team who act for several major Train Operating Companies dealing with all property aspects relating to railway premises including station and depot leasing, acquisitions, disposals, station lettings and development projects.
Wrigleys ‘proactive’ Education group is led by ‘excellent negotiator’ Elizabeth Wilson and the ‘outstanding’ Chris Billington, and is noted for its ‘overall excellent service’. (Legal 500)
"Elizabeth Wilson has ‘exceptional knowledge’ of the legal framework surrounding the rail industry." (Legal 500)
- Committee member - Ecclesiastical Law Society
- Member of the Charities' Property Association and Charity Law Association
- Chair of the Trustees for "Tariro - Hope for Youth in Zimbabwe"