Employment Brunch BriefingData protection update for employers
We are delighted to be joined for this Employment Brunch Briefing by Ibrahim Hasan, director of Act Now Training Ltd. Ibrahim is an engaging speaker and a specialist in data protection law who has spoken at a number of Wrigleys’ previous events.
This session will provide a timely update for employers working in the charity and education sectors on:
• Latest developments on the GDPR, including the impact of Brexit on UK data protection law;
• Recent enforcement action and case law of which employers should be aware;
• Handling special category data, including health information; and
• Information sharing
We hope you will join us for a discussion after the main briefing about two current government consultations that could significantly change employment contracts in the future. One consultation looks at whether employers should be able to prevent workers from working for another employer whilst they are working under a guaranteed hours contract where earnings are below a certain level (exclusivity clauses). The other looks at whether changes should be made to the restrictions an employer can place on an employee’s ability to work for or set up their own competing business in the period after they have left employment (post-termination non-compete clauses).
The relevant consultation documents are available in the following links:
Please recommend this event to your colleagues
Data protection update for employers
Group discussion on current government consultations
• Proposed ban on exclusivity clauses in guaranteed hours contracts
• Proposed changes to post-termination non-compete clauses in employment contracts