Telephone: 0191 814 5780
Department: Tax and Trusts
Areas of practice:
Orlando advises on private client work with a focus on wills, trusts and tax planning. His clients cover the whole country and include trustees, entrepreneurs, family partnerships and landowners.
Orlando is qualified as a solicitor and a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Orlando’s specialisms include:
- advising farmers and landowners on succession, tax planning and business structures
- advising trustees, and acting as a trustee, for trusts with diverse assets and business interests
- farm partnerships and partnership agreements
- providing inheritance tax planning advice for mixed estates managing property portfolios alongside activities such as farming and forestry, having regard to so-called “Balfour planning”
- setting up grandparents’ trusts
- tax advice on woodland and forestry
Orlando volunteers as a trustee of the York Glaziers Trust, a stained glass conservation charity which is dedicated to the care and conservation of historic stained glass in York Minster and throughout the UK.
Orlando has written the following articles:
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP).
Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA)
Agricultural Law Association.