Employment Breakfast Briefing - 6 August 2019Managing Sickness Absence
Free to attend
Managing employees who are absent from work because of sickness can be a very complex task. This session will take you through some of the trickier aspects of this process and provide an update on relevant case law.
The session will include:
- The best use of an occupational health adviser – what questions should you ask?;
- Accessing medical reports and the rules on consent;
- The impact of data protection law on handling personal data about health;
- How to deal with employees who refuse to engage with occupational health or refuse consent to share medical information with their employer;
- Reasonable adjustments to a sickness absence policy for disabled employees; and
- Taking or accruing holidays during sickness absence.
REGISTRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
MANAGING SICKNESS ABSENCE
Q & A