Public sector pensions have never been more in the public eye. The changes to be implemented by the Public Service Pensions Act 2013, together with the general restructuring of public services, present a considerable challenge.
Wrigleys has extensive experience of public sector pensions. The Pensions Team can assist with projects such as outsourcing of services and on-going issues such as maintenance of appropriate procedures. We have particular experience with:
- Shared service arrangements (working closely with our colleagues in Wrigleys’ Employment Team). Further information on shared services is available here.
- Third Sector involvement in public sector pensions.
- Academy conversions and pensions.
Examples of our assistance include:
- Advising a local charity on the novation of its Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) pensions liability and the requirements applicable to community admission bodies.
- Advising a new academy school on the adoption of appropriate procedures for the exercise of its various discretions under the LGPS.
We work closely with Wrigleys' sector leading Charities and Social Economy Team to ensure that all clients have access to legal advice on pensions.
For further details about Wrigleys' wider pension law services, please click here.
"Clear, concise advice on complex legal issues"
- Legal 500
"The team is hands-on and demonstrates a real commercial focus."
- Chambers & Partners