Our ecclesiastical practice has evolved from long experience advising in relation to land and property of the Church of England.
We also act for Catholic religious Orders and other faith groups.
Ecclesiastical Law Society
Areas of Practice
- The sale and purchase of parsonages and glebe land.
- Leasing of property by sequestrators during a vacancy.
- The voluntary first registration of church property.
- Acquisitions under the value linked loan scheme.
- The development of church land.
- Dealing with land the subject of ecclesiastical trusts.
- Ecclesiastical law generally.
- Forming the board of finance for the new Anglican diocese of Leeds.
- Establishing a charitable subsidiary of a PCC to obtain grant funding for the refurbishment and development of a hall adjoining a listed church building so as to regenerate it for community use and afford disabled access and other facilities for the use of the church.
- The sale of diocesan glebe subject to overage.
- Securing the future of a retreat centre by modest equity release.