"Thanks so much for all your help, advice, patience and effort from day one to today - I can’t imagine how this would have turned out without your skill and stamina."
- A son acting for his mother in a care fees dispute
"Your impact has definitely been felt by all involved, it’s efficient, intelligent and dynamic. I can feel that the opposing party are raising their standards, as soon as they hear from you."
- Sister of disabled man challenging care package
Do you live abroad but have elderly parents losing their independence due to frailty, illness or disability but it is difficult for you to offer support?
The difficulties faced by the children attempting to navigate the bureaucracy of the health and social care system when their elderly parents come to need help are common enough. But it can feel almost impossible if you are living abroad, and perhaps even in a time zone that contributes to the communication problem.
Wrigleys solicitors are very well placed to help.
We can offer expert assistance in making arrangements, either at your instruction or by taking out a power of attorney, jointly with you if that is preferred.
The services we can offer include:
- An expert health and care department which specialises in advising upon and resolving issues involving the NHS and social services departments including care needs assessment, charging and NHS continuing care
- An expert Court of Protection service specialising in powers of attorney, deputyship property and welfare issues
- Many years experience of representing elderly and disabled people as professional attorney and deputy either with sole or joint responsibility
- An expert property service with years of experience of buying selling, renting and adapting properties for people with significant disabilities.
- Excellent links with private case managers and other specialists where specialist planning and care input is required.
- A large attorney trust and deputyship administration department to manage day to day matters such as paying bills and arranging services.
Wrigleys can take over all or as much of the practical burden as you wish and you will have one point of contact to discuss matters.
This is a practical service for people living in today's globalised economy but which often strains family ties. Wrigleys can give you the time to maintain those contacts, safe in the knowledge that practical matters are being properly taken care of.