The administration of an estate is usually split into two phases – up to the issue of the grant of probate and post grant.
Wrigleys deal with any size of estate and with all or any part of the administration.
Stages of the process include:
Grant of Probate
Before the Grant of Probate is issued the following needs to be dealt with:
- Collecting details of the assets and liabilities in the estate.
- Preparing the inheritance tax returns and application for probate.
- Arranging payment of any inheritance tax.
After probate the following needs to be dealt with:
- Collecting in assets and paying debts and expenses. This can include transferring assets to beneficiaries.
- Dealing with questions from HMRC.
- Dealing with income tax and capital gains tax arising during the administration of the estate.
- Preparing estate accounts and making distributions to the beneficiaries.
We are proud to be ranked by Legal 500 as the leading firm in Yorkshire and the Humber for agriculture and estates and personal tax, trusts and probate, and by Chambers as one of only two top-tier private client firms in Leeds.
"Prompt, courteous and an excellent understanding of the issues – both legal and otherwise – which needed to be considered."
Chambers & Partners