Creating an Enduring Legacy
This event is free of charge
The here and now dominates our everyday thinking. However, how do you increase the impact of your charity's work and create an enduring legacy from it?
At this seminar, you will hear from a charity that has legacy at the core of what it does, hear from professionals who advise on it and have the chance to discuss with your peers your thoughts and any questions that you may have.
This event is free of charge.
Please recommend this event to your colleagues.
Registration and Refreshments
Welcome and Introduction
How we are creating an enduring legacy
Stephen Howard - Power to Change
- Working out your raison d'être
- Creating a shared mission within the charity
- How to get buy-in from stakeholders
- How to assess if your mission strategy is working and what to do if it isn't
- How to communicate your message internally and externally
Creating an enduring legacy - Legal do's and don'ts
Claris D'Cruz - Wrigleys Solicitors
- Does your charity have the right governance structure?
- What to do if it's structure needs to change
- Rationalising funds to make them more effective
- How regular governance reviews help to increase impact
- The role of trustees
Investing your assets to support the funding of an enduring legacy
Adrian Maxwell - Rathbones
- The power of compound growth over the long term
- Working your assets in a low interest rate environment
- Investment approach: Income vs Total Return
- Quantifying investment risk
- Appointing an investment manager
Round- up/ Questions