Charity Commission Registration
Claris D'cruz, a Charities Consultant at Wrigleys Solicitors, gives a practical overview of when and how to set up and register as a charity.
Who should watch this?
These videos are aimed at organisations who would like to find out more about how to register a charity.
There are 16 videos in the series discussing each step necessary to set up a charity and then register it with the Charity Commission.
The link above takes you through each video in order. To select an individual video, simply select a title from the You Tube Playlist drop down menu in the top left hand corner of the You Tube screen.
What does the video cover?
The video will cover questions such as:
- How do we know if we could, or even should, be a charity?
- Can we be a charity if we have some non-charitable purposes?
- How do we set up and register as a charity?
- Where can we get a template or model governing document?
- Does it matter if our income is over £5,000?
- How long do applications to the Charity Commission normally take?
Special thanks to
Please download the accompanying handout for some useful links to further information.
Follow this link for other videos from the Law Works Free Talks series.
LawWorks, the presenters, and the organisations involved in producing these resources cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the use of the materials and they are not a substitute for taking appropriate legal advice.
Content accurate as of August 2016.